I believe that we all have a mission in this life, mine is to help others get organised.
Strange as it may sound, I feel a deep satisfaction when I’m transforming cluttered spaces into models of efficiency, and turning chaotic lives into harmony.
My passion for organising started as a child. I was raised without systems or schedules. My mother had a habit of procrastinating on important things until the very last minute. And my father collected loads of stuff over the years that led to an overstuffed, cluttered garage. Looking back, I’d say organising things around our house was my way of creating the structure that had been absent up to that point in my life.
Far from being negative, these experiences were my first inspiration to enter the world of organising! So, at the age of 11, I began volunteering to sort things out around our neighbours’ houses.
Ever since then, I’ve felt passionate about helping people get organised and assert control over their space (through organisation), their paper and digital files (through procedures) and their schedule (through proactive time management).
Hi, my name is Nathalie Ricaud, Professional Organiser and founder of Get Organised & Beyond. Originally from France, I’ve been living in Singapore since 1998.
- They own too many things (clothes, books, toys, medicine, kitchenware, paper, etc.).
- Clutter in the home has them feeling overwhelmed and stressed.
- They don’t socialise at home very much, because of the disorganisation.
- They spend money buying things they already have but can’t remember they have, or can’t find.
- There’s never enough time to get done everything that needs to be done.
- There’s even less time (if any) to enjoy the things they truly love to do.
I’m also a monthly contributor to Connected Women magazine, and I’m regularly published in print and online media including Home & Décor, Parents World, Sassy Mama, Square Rooms, The Finder, The Straits Times and Young Parents.
I am also a regular speaker at events and workshops.